Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wow! I forgot

Wow! I had forgotten how stressful newborns are. I like to think I can do everything and pack my days full of stuff. I'm very ambitious- too ambitious really because I can't finish half the things during the day that I set out to. Actually, yesterday the only things I managed to accomplish were 1. working out and 2. buying a work shirt for Travis. I don't know if taking a shower and getting dressed count as accomplishments. They should have yesterday. Halle cried incessantly yesterday. She wouldn't even take a nap except for a few little cat naps while I was holding her. I shouldn't complaing too much because she usually does take naps just fine which for a newborn is unusual (at least comparing them to Amanda and Chloe the non-sleepers). And even though she didn't fall asleep until 11 last night she slept until 6 which is great. I just couldn't do anything else. I was finally ready to go to the store at 6:30 last night it's very frustrating.

Anyway, on the agenda for today is getting a new driver license- UGH! Oh yeah, and grading Amanda's papers, setting her curriculum for the rest of the week, mall walking for PE, and hopefully finding some time for Chloe. I'm determined to not ignore my "middle child".


3 comments:

Mary said...

You sound a little frazzled. I'm sure that Tisra can relate too. When I read the things you and Tisra write about taking care of three kids I almost feel guilty. I've got it too easy with this one kid life I'm living. I'm sure that will change as time goes on and I think I'll use your blogs as encouragement to enjoy the quiet while it lasts. My day is coming.

Tisra said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Showers, doing hair and makeup count as accomplishments. It's even better if you write it on a "to do" list and are able to cross it off at the end of the day.

Amy Button said...

Today was a little better although Halle is crying now. I've put her to sleep about 3 times this evening and she doesn't want to stay that way. Oh well, they're better at 6 mths, right?