Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Flu

Well, I think I can account for why my workout was so difficult yesterday and that would be because of the flu. Yep, I'm feelin' it. Fabulous!

In other news...

The church we are attending is Kingwood A/G in Alabaster which is about 25 minutes from here. If I was really tech savvy I'd put a link here, but I'm not and I don't feel well enough to figure out how to do it. Where is my husband when I need him? He's at work if you're wondering. Anyway, Kingwood reminds me of Cornerstone because they have similar programs such as door greeters, life groups, a great children's ministry, etc. But they aren't nearly as organized. We enjoy the worship and the pastor preaches very good sermons or he "yells" very good sermons. Since we've been at Cornerstone for the last 4 years we're not used to that and so sometimes I can't get what he's saying because he's yelling so loudly. The youth pastor at the church went to college with Trav and me and we like him so that's a plus. They have a school, daycare, and lots of nice new facilities.

Travis is going to call a manager from Publix on Sunday to schedule an interview. He spoke to him a few weeks ago when he filled out an application and was able to talk to him again yesterday so he should have an interview next week.

Chloe is so sweet! I'm amazed at how well she's doing with Halle around. She has never been jealous and always tries to be a good "mommy". I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and bought a Madeline book for her. I found it on sale and since I know that Trav loves Madeline I got it for her. She loves it! And it's really cool because she appreciates it so much when you read it to her. She'll say "Thank you sooo much mommy for reading Madeline to me."

Halle is truly a joy and I'm so glad she's here. It's amazing and I don't want to jinx myself but for the past few days any time she's tired I've been swaddling her up and just laying her in bed and she goes right to sleep! Neither Amanda or Chloe did that so I didn't even think to try it. But I noticed that she doesn't like to be held sometimes so I tried it and it worked! I love all of my kids and was all set to have a 3rd child that was difficult to put to sleep but I feel very fortunate to have such a good sleeper.

Amanda has made a friend in the youth group that she actually met online first. This girl, Jenny, commented on Amanda's blog (she has 3) and Amanda saw that she went to Kingwood so they met for the first time last night. I'm excited for her to make new friends and hope that she makes more friends in the youth group soon.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry you have the flu. What a bummer! It hasn't struck our house I'm very happy to say but it is definitely going around.

I still swaddle Owen sometimes. It calms him down.

Joyce said...

We're going to a church in Tampa that is totally different. It is the first Hip Hop church in the world. The pastor is young, probably your age, graduated from Southeastern. This is not your Sunday suit and tie church. Crossover has been featured in The American Bible Association (or something like that)
News, The Tribune and Charisma Magazine. We're going for our daughter's sake. She seems to like it a lot better than traditional church. Besides, I think the Lord is moving us out of our comfort zone....although I don't know what He has in mind.

It is hard to believe I raised four children (one is still in progress). It seems so long ago. I don't even feel like a grandmother. I said that to say that, hearing you talk about raising your children is bittersweet....

Amy Button said...

It's great that you've found a new church and that Alyssa likes it is exciting. I'm not sure what a Hip Hop church is but I'll look up Crossover on the internet and see what it's about.

Amy Button said...

I know who Tommy is. He and a guy called "T-Bone" used to rap in chapel a lot. That is very exciting, but I'm sure it's MUCH different than what you and Pop are used to :)

Tisra said...

So funny that you mentioned Pastor Davis not being a yelling pastor. I know what you mean, but when i first started going to Cornerstone i thought he was soooo loud because our Pastor Larry in California was so mellow- more of a college professor- that i had a difficult adjustment to Pastor Davis. Strange isn't it? it all depends on where you come from.

Amy Button said...

It totally is a matter of perception because my parents didn't think anything of his yelling at all! I mentioned it and they hadn't even noticed.