Saturday, February 05, 2005

All things Button

Well, it's nice to have a blog so that I can keep our friends and family updated on all things Button but it's also one more thing to feel guilty about when I can't get to it.

Amanda got a hair cut. You wouldn't think that would be a news worthy announcement but when you're 14 it definitely is. She really has changed so much in the 2 1/2 months since we've moved. All of a sudden her taste in clothes, hair, and accessories changed. She's more of a skater/punk than a preppy girl now. It's exciting to see though. I'm glad that she's trying to find herself and her own style instead of feeling that she has to be like me. Our personalities are definitely similar- ok fine, she's a mini me- but I'm glad that she feels the freedom to be herself or at least fo find out what that is. I'd say she looks more like Avril Lavigne than Hillary Duff now without all that skater/punk rage.

And me- well, other than taking care of the girls I'm working out and trying to find some sort of compromise on a diet. I'm excited that after working out for the last couple of weeks I'm able to use heavier weights and can do more of the hops, jumps, etc. on my workout video. We all know that the first few weeks after having the baby are the most frustrating. I feel like I'll never be in bathing suit shape again, but I'm determined to make it by the 4th of July. We're planning a beach trip with Trav's brother and sister in law. I guess if I post it I can't back out now. If I could just figure out what I can eat. I tried something last week and it really messed Halle up. After I had Chloe I ate spinach and it really hurt her tummy so I just ate peanut butter and jelly for about a month because I was too scared to eat anything else. I really don't want to go back to that- ugh.

Chloe is doing very well and hasn't shown the least bit of jealousy toward Halle. Trav built a "chair tent" for her a couple of nights ago and she loved it. He told her stories about a Chloeasaurus, Chloe Girl- Chloe Girl had to save Larry Boy- and Goldie Chloe and the Three Bears. She loves those stories- I can't imagine why.

Halle is sleeping normally again thankfully. I really don't have room to complain she's been sleeping most of the night almost since she came home from the hospital. She has the biggest blue eyes; I hope they stay that way. She loves Chloe. She smiles and giggles whenever Chloe is around. I think they'll be great friends.

Travis and I are learning lots about patience. For those of you that are wondering, the church is on hold for now. I think I told most of the people that will read this blog about the situation with the pastor from Mom and Dad's former church. Well, it's much worse now and there is a lawsuit involved so that's all I'll say about that. I do know what we came here to do though and when the time is right it will happen.

We are able to spend a lot of time together as a family and I'm excited about what God is going to do.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I hope you don't feel guilty when you don't blog. I love to read your blogs and I check it often to see if you've updated but you and Tisra are both my hero's for getting anything at all done with such full hands. Thank you for the update on the family and I will be praying about your parents situation with the pastor.

Amy Button said...

You're so sweet!!!

Tisra said...

Miss you guys, it's great to hear "all things Button" when you have the opportunity. But, I understand...boy do I understand.