Monday, January 21, 2008

A Moment in the Button Life

Chloe- "Hey Mom, what if Jesus called that short dude zucchini?"
Amy- (shocked in a humorous sort of way) "Did you just say, 'what if Jesus called that short dude zucchini?'
Chloe- "Yeah. Then we would laugh our heads off!"

My daughter is, of course, referring to Zaccheus as the "short dude". It really sounded like something I would say. I guess it was ridiculous to think that our sense of humor wouldn't rub off on her. I should really watch what I say in front of the little parrot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, our kids pretty much rock. Oh yeah, my wife rocks, too... And our cat... And our friends... And anyone reading this post that's not a member of one of the aforementioned groups.

Mary said...

That made me laugh. I shared it with my dad who is standing right here and he laughed too. Tell Chloe thanks for making us laugh our heads off.

Pam said...

That is funny. I love the little things they come up with. Hannah always tells us that she does not want to go where the bad guys live but where Jesus lives.

Tisra said...

Okay, the post was funny- but trav's comment was even funnier. I can completely picture him saying that.

Christy said...

Too cute! And no - don't watch what you say :) If your words at home produce a finely-tuned sense of humor (or even just a weird one) in your children, I say "good job" to you! The world needs more funny people. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Reminds me of my Zach when he was little I heard him in the tub playing with his GI Joe Dolls and it was this, " I babtize you in the name of the Father, The Son, and in the tub you go"! Too funny what they think they hear when they are small! Tracy