Monday, January 14, 2008

I Forgot To Add...


to the preceding post, a funny little anecdote.

About a week and a half ago I took the girls for a walk. We don't walk in our neighborhood because, well, it's kind of scary so we walk in the very fancy neighborhood across the street. (Besides those houses are much nicer to look at *and* they have a couple "lakes".) So as we were walking Chloe said something about a boy named Kevin and that she was "definitely" marrying him. And I asked "so you've decided to not marry Grant"? To which she replied, "nuh, uh, no way! I won't even be his SECOND wife"!


Hmmm, his second wife? So I wondered if that meant his second wife, like he has two at a time or the more obvious definition of a second wife. And where in the world would she get that? But I thought I'd add a sweet photo from when she *was* going to marry Grant- at the ripe old age of 4.

3 comments:

Christy said...

LOL! Emma has promised her heart to at least three boys at the ripe old age of 7. I know how you feel! But I'm cracking up about the whole "second wife" deal. Sounds like something a boy might come up with....

Tisra said...

So sweet.

Today Lael announced that she's going to marry Chloe. I said that girls marry boys, so then she said she'd marry Dean. So, I said that girls don't marry their brothers. And then she said she'd marry Daddy and I told her that Daddy was already married to me.
And she dropped the subject.

Amy Button said...

I love the photo of Chloe and Grant. The look of sweet, innocent joy is beautiful. I actually just found it when Travis loaded a new computer for me.

Aren't kids funny the way they try to wrap their heads around marriage? Lael is so cute!