Monday, February 19, 2007

I WantTo Be a Pwincess

Halle brought one of Chloe's princess dresses to me this morning and said "Hewe, I want to be a Pwincess! So I put this little dress over her clothes and then she decided that she wanted her puppy backpack on so that's how she's dressed for the day- so sweet! Oh and BTW, the puppy backpack is actually has a tether that goes with it (Amanda calls it a leash which drives me nuts) to give little ones some freedom to walk around without having to hold your hand- and really, how comfortable would you be walking around with one arm over your head. Anyway, I bought it in Gatlinburg on vacation this past summer. We were walking around for hours and Halle just couldn't handle being in the stroller (did I mention it was 100 degrees outside- I'm not exaggerating) so my MIL found this in one of the little shops there. It was cute and $20 bucks which I thought was a bit pricey but considering the circumstances I figured if it would help her to be more comfortable and would help us keep our sanity I'd try it. It worked OK, but since Halle has a strong personality she still got frustrated by being "tethered" and we still had to try to keep her little hands from pulling things off of the shelves. So we decided that until the kids are older we need to take vacations that don't involve very much shopping. And I also saw a backpack like this at Target for $10 and I think it was Eddie Bauer- well at least she likes to wear it.

And here are the floor pictures! This is the very last strip that Travis has left to pull up. It's under the computer desk and he says that there seems to be more glue on this spot than the last but he'll have it up tonight. I'm almost finished tileing, I just have to tile under the stove and 3 or 4 more rows and then we're done. It is so nice to have a clean floor. Since we moved in I either walk through the house with shoes on or with my toes curled up because it was so gross. We didn't want to spend the money to put down a temporary floor just to come back later and spend more money on what we really want (bamboo) so we were going to use porch paint. I think that would have looked fine and would have given me a license to be a bit more creative but since you have to go through the kitchen to get to 75% of the house I just don't think we could have survived the drying time. So this is the cheapest, decent-looking flooring we could find and it does look so much better (Amanda said that it looks 500% better). It's cheapness is evident in the fact that not all of the tiles match up perfectly. You can't tell too much but in every line I put down there is a small gap between at least two of the tiles. I suppose it could have been my error but it is very consistent and very aggravating. And I have nothing to fill it with. If I was using actual tile I could fill it with grout but as it is that is where food and dirt will get caught and it will get gross and will be impossible to clean- grrr. So hopefully the new floor will be temporary. But other than that I love it- No Really, I do!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary said...

I hate to bear this news...but I can't see the pictures again. I see the ones of the couch in a previous post so I don't know why I see them sometimes and sometimes I don't. Regardless, it sounds great and I'm sure the bamboo will be a great reward for all this hard work.

Amy Button said...

I'm really hating Blogger right now. I saw it as soon as I posted it and I just re-posted the pics so hopefully you'll be able to see them.

Amy Button said...

I re-posted the pics and Blogger dropped them again...

I'll try again later.