Friday, February 16, 2007

I don't have much time to post as usual but I figured if I don't start posting more often people will quit reading soooo.....here we go.

I've been sick for a week- gosh that never happens! I'm going to babysit for a couple of weeks so we're doing the floors. I didn't think it would be acceptable for the little boy to run around on plywood so we've ripped out all of the old-nasty vinyl except for one small strip that Trav couldn't get to last night. And in case you ever need to know how to do it- there is a great vinyl cutting tool that is indespensible and since vinyl is mostly just glued around the edges you can place a towel on top of the glued portion and place a hot iron on top of that. Heat through and pull it up- it takes some muscle (and I have some blisters) but it's better than using the awful chemical method. Oh and I should mention that there was 27 years of crud under the fridge and stove- including rodent droppings! It was so nasty but now it's gone and I couldn't be happier. I've put down peel-and-stick vinyl tiles in the hallway and am working my way through the kitchen. I'll post some pics later. It's very tempting to start sanding the cabinets while the appliances are out but I'm going to try to stick to one project at a time and just get it finished. More later.....

5 comments:

Tisra said...

I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Mary said...

I'm so impressed just hearing about it. How exciting! Way to go Amy...and Travis too! I may have to take a trip to Franklin soon.

Mary said...

I just read your post again...and I got excited all over again. I just really get into home improvement.

Amy Button said...

Mary, you're so funny! Well I'm still a bit under the weather so progress is coming slowly but we expect to finish this weekend so just come over any time you want to. OR we could have a sewing party over here. I've been missing them a lot and I feel like entertaining now.

Mary said...

LaDonna wants to host this coming week so maybe you should host one in March.