Saturday, March 05, 2005

Catch-Up

I really have a lot of things to write about, I think about it during the day but when I sit down to write I draw a blank. So, here goes...

Travis went to orientation for Publix today. Fortunately for us the store that does the orientation is right down the street, but Atlanta employees train there as well. It's funny that they do because it's in Helena and there are at least 2 other stores that are much easier to find. Helena is several miles from the interstate and there is really not a great way to get there, but again it's not far from us. It turns out that Publix is a much better place to work for than I realized. I'm from Lakeland but I just assumed that it was like working at any place else, fortunately I was wrong. The benefits are great and it really seems like it's going to be a great opportunity. And Trav will learn a little something about baking. I told him he needs to try a black and white cookie because they look delicious. I've never bought one for a couple of reasons, 1. Calories and
2. If I don't try it I won't know if it's good or not so it's one less thing to crave.

His hours should improve some because when he works days he'll go in from 5 am to 2 pm. It's much nicer than now because he'll work at Ruth's Chris from 9 am to 2 pm and then come back on from 5 pm to 10 pm, so he's gone for the whole day. It is very seldom that he works just one shift.

I'm going to look for a part-time job to help out. I still plan on doing Arbonne, but I want to be in our own house first. There is much too much stuff stuffed in this house right now.

I bought a mobile for Halle today- finally. I've been wanting to for quite a while and have felt guilty for not getting one yet. I've been worried that her cognitive development would be stumped because I hadn't gotten a mobile to stimulate her brain . Yes, I'm a neurotic mom.

Of course I bought a mobile with some black and white patterns because I've heard that they are better. It helps that she has no bedding set for me to match it up with. She's been sleeping in a pack-n-play bassinett, which is a regular pack-n-play just smaller. It fits better in the 10 x 10 bedroom which we currently reside in. I said all that to say, I was more rational about the mobile choice because I didn't have to worry about it clashing with the bedding. It does clash with the pack-n-play, but I think I can live with it.

I bought a beautiful Easter dress for Chloe. It's a lovely lavender with embroidered flowers. I also bought an Easter hat. I want to get Halle a complementing dress so I can have their pictures taken. I really love Marshalls because the dress and hat were a steal at $20 for both! I just love a bargain!

3 comments:

Tisra said...

We purchased an Easter dress this year,too! Group pic of all the girls is a must.

Amy Button said...

That must be so exciting for you. I guess I've been buying Easter dreses for so long that I just take it for granted. A group pic sounds great!

Joyce said...

I'm so glad you got the Easter dress. I have been looking for Easter dresses for the little girls (I know Amanda would want to pick out her own). But haven't found any I really liked. Marleen has some beautiful ones on her website that I can't afford. I used to WORK for them! Not that it is my duty to provide Easter dresses or anything, I guess I just LIKE to 'cause my grandmothers either made mine or provided money towards one....Maybe next year......