Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patty's Day to all! Not that I actually celebrate the holiday or anything; I don't like green beer. But we bought Chloe the Veggie Tales DVD "Sumo of the Opera" and it had the story of St. Patrick on there so I did think about it today more than in years past.

I also did my Senior Recital on St. Patrick's Day 7 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long). It's funny how you can look forward to something for so long and it seems to take forever and after it's over time just flies.

I have had an incredibly eventful week, but it seems like I can never get to the computer for the 20 minutes or so that it takes to type it out.

I met with Dr. Deanna Osborne who is in the upper management in Arbonne. It was very exciting considering that I'd only decided that I was going to do Arbonne as a business 2 days before and she just happened to be driving through town on her way to Mississippi. We had a nice lunch and talked about Arbonne and the Lord. She's a Christian and a lovely woman, with a lovely white Mercedes (Arbonne's company car). It was a very encouraging lunch. She told me about a couple of families that are with YWAM and do Arbonne so that they don't have to raise support and can just do ministry. She also told me that she can tell when someone is going to be successful at Arbonne by talking to them and that she knew that I was going to be successful. That was very encouraging. It really is amazing to me how excited I am about it.

Now, her expectations for me are very high. Actually they are higher than my expectations for myself in the short term. I think, long term our expectations are the same. I'm doing my best but God is going to have to do the rest. I've talked to a lot of people so far, especially considering I don't know that many people so it's just a matter of time before it takes off.

I also did something today that I'm dying to write about but I am going to surprise somebody so I can't in case they read my blog. Ugh! It's sooo killing me!

Amanda applied for her first job today. It's at a Mom and Pop type restaurant in Helena where her friend Jennifer works. I can hardly believe my little girl is growing up so fast. Jennifer has a job and a vehicle and Amanda has gone out with her a couple of times. It's great that she's older and that I can talk to her as a grown up, but it makes me appreciate my little kids so much more. Wiping noses and bottoms doesn't seem like such a chore when I remember how quickly they grow up.

4 comments:

Tisra said...

Speaking of Arbonne- you need to get me details about a party. the weekend you want me to do it is only two weeks away!

Amy Button said...

That's the other reason I called last night ;)

Angie said...

How exciting for Amanda! It sounds like she is meeting some real quality friends! And now her first job!
How proud are you guys?

Amy Button said...

We're so very proud. She's a really good kid.