Friday, March 10, 2006

Re-Covering the Couch




Well, I finally did it and I must say that I'm mostly pleased with the results. I would be more pleased if I could steam all of the wrinkles out but, alas, I don't have a steamer. This is the new slip cover I got at Target and the plan is to cover the throw pillows in chocolate brown and blue. Both colors are in the slip cover but you probably can't tell that from the picture. I also found some chocolate brown fabric on Wal-Mart's dollar table that I would like to cover the chair in but they didn't have enough so I may have to look at a few different stores to see if I can find it. I would also like to do a window covering in blue, make some blue pillows for the chair, and strip and re-paint/stain the living room tables. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tisra said...

Eeeee. :-) Looks great! I see that the pillows will be a sewing party project, huh? What a deal, too!

Amy Button said...

Yes, I can hardly wait! I'm going to see my parents in the next few weeks and will be getting my sewing machine back.

Although I think I'm going to have to whip out a pair of pajama pants quickly for Trav so his feelings aren't hurt.

Mary said...

Alright! I'm so happy for you. Great colors...great inspiration and great job. Can't wait to sit on it. :)

Amy Button said...

Hey, anytime.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Your so domesticated like me!