Sunday, May 01, 2005

Home Again

Well, I'm back. I could tell you everything we did for 11 days, but that would be way too long. There is a pretty good list of what we did with my mom in law on her blog at www.heartsrejoyce.blogspot.com

It really was great to be in Florida. I felt at home again for the first time in a long time. For those of you that know me you know that I haven't felt at home anywhere for a very long time. The weather was gorgeous, the palm trees were amazing and it was great to see that Florida sun. My hair is lighter again. It's amazing that all through high school and college people would describe me as a blonde but years in Tennessee made me more of a brunette. It's even more amazing that a few days in Florida brings it right back.

I got to go to my home church in Bartow, FL. My best friend from college (Chris) is the worship leader/music director and her husband is the youth pastor. It was really great to see them. Chris had a baby 3 months after I had Halle so I was actually there for the baby's dedication! After church we went to Sonny's (my most favorite BBQ place) and I was able to talk to Dr. White who is Chris' dad and a professor at Southeaster University- my alma mater and yes it is now a University!!! I think I talked to him more than I did to Chris- I really love that guy.

Amanda and I took a drive through Lakeland and we saw all the things we loved- the Lakeland Terrace Hotel- that's where Travis and I spent the first night of our honeymoon. It had a grand history, but declined until it was a hangout for the homeless and sat abandoned for years until someone restored it. We saw Lake Mirror which we refer to as "the dead frog lake". It's a long story and I wish we didn't remember it like that but we spent time walking around that lake when it was just Travis, Amanda, and myself. We saw lake Mirror which has a very large population of Swans and miscellaneous ducks. We drove around Lake Hollingsworth where I used to walk and rollerblade- I know it's a lot of lakes, they don't call it "Lakeland" for nothing. We drove past Southeastern University and saw the amazing changes that have taken place in the last 6 years and talked about Amanda going to school there. It really was a nostalgic trip in that regard and I realize how much I miss it.

We got to spend time with Shane and Angie and Trav's grandparents. Everyone loved the girls! Chloe was charming telling EVERYONE she loved them and that she wanted them (Oh Abuela, I wanted you! Oh Abuela, I love you! Etc...) So, everyone was crazy about Chloe.

Oh yeah, the other reason I went- Arbonne! It went well and thanks to some help from Christina and Kelly (Kelly is Christina's sponsor) I made first step to District Manager this month! I need to make the final step in May and am very much looking forward to making that so I can work on making Area Manager by the end of July! It's a lot of work but it's worth it! I'm excited!

I could write much more. I really don't feel like I've done the trip justice, but I'll have to work on it later.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip. I hope that you have many more. Bravo on the Arbonne success and I hope it continues to grow for you.

Maybe one of these days we can go to Florida at the same time.

Amy Button said...

Yes, FL at the same time would be great.

Joyce said...

I'm so happy that you and Amanda had such a good time reminiscing! Dorothy didn't say "There's no place like home" for nothing!

P.S. Lake Mirror brings back memories of Alyssa's June dance recitals as they were always at the Center there......

Mary said...

Lake Mirror brings back memories for me too...the first time I ever went to Lakeland was before I met Kris and I performed with Images at that theatre there at Lake Mirror. Kris would have been a senior in highschool then...little did I know my husband was right around the corner.

Amy Button said...

I accidentally wrote lake mirror twice. I meant lake mirror and Lake Morton is the lake with all the ducks.