Monday, May 09, 2005

Y Join?

Well, there are lots of reasons to join the Y. There are other gyms of course, closer ones, ones for only women, probably cheaper ones, but they call it a family gym for a reason and not just because you can bring your kids to childcare. You can do that at any gym, but there are activities for the kids as well. Swimming comes to mind and that is included in your gym membership, but also Tae Kwan Do, tee-ball, swimming lessons, and lots more. I was trying to avoid the women's only thing and the meat market thing and from what I saw today I accomplished that.

My needs really are to have a pool for Chloe and Amanda, a place for Halle, several different workout regimes for me, weights for Travis, a place we could workout together, and a place to meet people and network for Arbonne. I had actually been putting off joining because of Arbonne. But there was a small sign at the front door of the gym that said "Hard work always leads to profit, mere talk leads to poverty. Talk about a sign! Anyway, I'll do my best and God will have to do the rest.

I'm off again this weekend to Tisra's house for another Arbonne class and my last unless I do some networking soon! I'm excited though, I'll get to see good friends again and it looks like I'll get to go to Grant's soccer game. Chloe and I are looking forward to that.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Hope your trip up is completely uneventful!

Tisra said...

Now a member of the Y for 3 1/2 years, I really like it. At times, I've felt that it was too expensive (compared to other gyms), but have come to realize the value in such a family-oriented organization. Not a "meat-market", and the focus is on total well being- "spirit, mind and body". Great outreach to kids and families and all are welcome. and now that Grant is getting older, I am thrilled that he's got so many oportunities for activity and fun. Looking forward to seeing you Friday!

Amy Button said...

Yeah, it is more expensive but with 3 kids, two that need activities and things like that I feel like it's a good value. I can't wait until this weekend it should be lots of fun

Joyce said...

I never thought much about the Y. During the years that Doug and I went to the "meat market" as you call it--by the way, no one ever hit on me (and I wasn't bad looking back then) we met many serious body builders such as Kenny Coombe and wrestlers Hiro Matsuta and the Great Malenko-- everyone was very respectful and mostly interested in getting in shape. However, I definitely see the benefits of the family thing! I think we just never could afford it.....but I'm happy you will all be getting healthier together!