Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, it really has been a nice weekend. The weather has been amazing here as I'm sure it has been in other parts of the south. Today was the warmest day we've had reaching a little over 80 degrees.

Yesterday I went out to the golf course (http://www.rossbridgeresort.com/ ) because my dad forgot his wallet, so he bought lunch for Chloe and me in the golf clubhouse. It was kind of weird being the only girls, but the clubhouse is beautiful and overlooks the courses and hills from enormous arched windows on all sides. Chloe charmed everyone she met (Hi, my name is Chloe...It's nice to meet you Mac...Thank you for giving me more tea Lisa...) and her Mommy and Poppi were very proud. After that we went to the park and had a great time.

Mother's day was beautiful. The weather was perfect and the girls were very sweet. We had to wait most of the day for Travis to get home from work, but after he got home we went to the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham (it's tampical gardens according to Chloe). As many times as I've visited Birmingham I've never been to the Botanical Gardens. And, unlike Nashville, the Gardens are free. They have a Southern Living section which my Uncle Charlie helps to maintain since he's a garden editor for Southern Living. I must admit that I was disappointed with that section. It was mostly greenery and I thought it would look more like Uncle Charlie's front yard which is AMAZING! Anyway, the Japanese garden was beautiful and extensive, we missed the bmboo section because it had recently been sprayed with pesticide (no organic growing here!). The rose garden was gorgeous and quite large. After that we thought we were done, but it turned out there were acres we hadn't seen yet. We went to the greenhouse which had 3 different sections and saw that there was too much left to do to fit it in that day so we left it for another time. Overall, it was a simple but enjoyable Mother's Day. I'm so glad we didn't go to a restaurant and wait for 3 hours to be waited on by an incredibly busy and frazzled server. I think I'd rather do anything other than go to a restaurant on Mother's Day. Unless it was an upscale restaurant where you make reservations and they don't overbook. Maybe some other time.

Happy late Mother's Day to all

1 comment:

Angie said...

So glad you had a relaxing and stress free Mother's Day! You deserve it!!