I haven't been on the computer much lately and that's probably a good thing but in the interest of not completely falling off the face of the earth I thought I'd drop in for a bit and let you know what's going on.
* My Mom-In-Law is coming in Wednesday morning and is staying until the following Tuesday. The girls are too excited!
* Since my M-I-L is coming in town I finally quit waiting on Travis to install the bathroom light and did it myself. It was very simple to do and I'm thankful because when I read directions I get confused and irritated.
* Since I installed the light I decided to *paint* the bathroom. But as with all things house related it has turned into a big ordeal. When I stripped the wallpaper that was behind the bathroom mirror I found a large rectangular hole in the wall that I'm assuming was previously for a medicine cabinet. But it is completely off center for the light fixture and for the vanity so putting another one in is not an option. So now I have to find a mirror that is big enough to be centered for the fixture and vanity and cover the hole. We actually need a larger vanity and I hate, hate, hate that it's oak. Yes, I'm an oak hater- no offense to those of you that have and like your oak cabinets- but I prefer maple or well, most things that aren't made of oak. I found a guy in Gallatin that sells new cabinets inexpensively but he's only open on the weekends and I didn't get there this past weekend.
* And since I took down the mirror and am working on getting off the rest of the wallpaper I had to take down the space saver that we put over the toilet. And I broke it. So I'm headed to Lowes today or tomorrow to get a new wall mounted one. Actually I want to check out the Habitat for Humanity store first but they're closed today.
* And while I'm at it I think I'm going to call Bathtub Fitters, Re Bath, and Home Depot for estimates on fixing the tub- just in case the dings and cracks go all the way through and we're leaking water into whatever it is that goes under a bathtub.
* So the bottom line is I'm going to do a lot of work and the bathroom will still be a work in progress- like the living room- but I'm sure it will at least look better with a coat of paint.