Monday, October 12, 2009

The Swing of Things

It's funny that even though autumn is my favorite season, I don't have a lot of decorations for it. Come to think of it, I don't really have a lot of decorations for any season. I'd like to have different wreaths for seasons but I never get around to it- or to be more precise- my wallet can't handle buying one and I haven't found any budget friendly flowers and such that don't look cheap. So I mostly decorate with color or plants. Not a lot, but enough for me to know that it's there. I bought these bud vases last year with the intention of putting cranberries inside with a taper candle in each. That plan was thwarted by an unexpected visit to my parents for my grandmother's funeral. So today I put that plan into action with a filler that's less smushy- as in- I can't smoosh them. That's also probably close to my last tomatoes. The plants still have green tomatoes on them but we're getting cooler and cooler at night so they won't last much longer. Which is probably good because Travis is getting tired of eating them...because he didn't like them that much to begin with. Live and learn. Next year it will be red tomatoes.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That's pretty. I like the cranberry idea too. I wish I had more decorations too. Maybe we should get some vines and make some wreaths ourselves.

Christy said...

I don't really have seasonal decorations either. Every year, I think it'll be the year I do it. Every year, I'm dead wrong :) I think your candles look pretty, though. And I wish I could take those tomatoes off your hands.