Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Keeping Up

So I've been trying to keep up lately...with the laundry. I know, aren't we all? Actually laundry isn't usually a huge problem around here because we have enough big people to keep up with it. If they need something washed, they just wash it. But ever since our cats left, the fleas moved in. With a vengeance. I don't like talking about fleas or looking at fleas but really, the Button household has revolved around nothing but fleas for the last 3 weeks or so. It has been the most frustrating thing ever. So, Travis sprayed the entire house again this past weekend. This is the third time but this time he emptied out every closet, took everything out from under every bed (when you live in a small house the space under beds is storage- no way around it) and vacuumed every inch of floor space in the house...and sprayed *everything* with insecticide. Now I am usually a no poison kind of gal, especially with small kids in the house but since fleas were responsible for the outbreak of the bubonic plague I more readily accepted poison in the house. Gaaa. Disgusting. And the laundry? I've washed every single comforter in the house and every pillow cushion and blanket around to get rid of flea eggs. We still have a layer of poison on the wood floors because apparently they lay eggs in the grooves- so we have to walk around with shoes on until Saturday when I can mop. Blech. We've seen a few fleas since then and Travis has said that if they show up again we're flea bombing the house. I *really* don't want to do that.

On the brighter side of things, we're leaving for Florida in 19 days! Did I mention that? Amanda's acting competition is in Orlando the end of this month and the first week in July and we're going with her. She's nervous and well, I might be a little nervous too. She definitely needs us there to walk with her and give her guidance and pray with her because we have no idea what's going to happen. She'll be competing but there will also be casting directors and that sort of thing. I think it's just nerve wracking to know that you're being watched all the time and competing and that sort of thing. But I don't have a plan yet. At this stage of the game I *always* have a plan- um, except maybe for that last trip to Florida. But she doesn't have her schedule yet which means I don't know what I'm doing or what to plan for or what to wear. And do I have to have a formal-ish dress for the award ceremony? Oh, I hope not. What days are we spending where? I don't like not having a plan. I am looking forward to it though. I'm hoping for a beach day and an amusement park day and a friend day and I'm supposed to have a looking at houses day with my mom-but I guess I'm not going to know all that for a little while yet.

So I will wait, mostly patiently, and dream of palm trees...

4 comments:

Christy said...

Aaak! Fleas! They probably are super-hungry, so they are swarming around looking for good eats :)
Glad to hear you're house-hunting while you're down...fingers crossed!

Tisra said...

I had no idea you were going also for Amanda's thing. So neat. House hunting because house hunting is fun, OR because you might put a contract on something? Eeeek!

Amy Button said...

Tisra- I'm not expecting to put a contract on anything. I'm not even expecting to buy when we first move down there, I'm fine with renting or whatever. I don't know what's going to happen or how it's going to play out. But I think it's always a good idea to see what's available and that kind of thing. And it will make my mom happy ;)

Mary said...

What an exciting trip. I hope you are very productive. There is so much fun to be had.

Tell Amanda she is a shoe in...those other people couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. I don't know who they are but I'm sure she's much better than them. :)