Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stuff I've Been Working On

I know I said I hate watercolor as a medium but I was challenged a couple of days ago by something that Van Gogh said and thought I might give drawing and watercolor another go. I can't actually find the quote again but it made me think I should work on drawing since I usually just draw with a paint brush as I'm painting. My inspiration was a picture of an autumn leaf in a magazine *and* September being just around the corner. I promise an autumn wreath is going up on my front door on September 1st.

So, here's the drawing.

With some color...
With more color- just past the "shoot I've ruined it" stage. I have that stage in every-single-painting I've ever done.
I decided he needed a friend.
And I think I might be done.
I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I do know that I'm going to practice drawing some more. I wonder what I could do if I took a class but I'm sure I can find a lot of info on the web. That's what started this whole thing to begin with.

And here's my latest sunflower painting. It's definitely not done but I've made really good progress in the last couple of days. I'm going to try to draw and watercolor this picture so we'll see how that turns out. It's much more intricate than a couple of leaves.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Mmmmm - love those leaves :)