Thursday, July 24, 2008


Whew! The stomach virus is behind us and thankfully nobody else got it. Although I've been fighting a sinus infection all week. It's amazing how things go from 0-60 as soon as school starts. So here's the incredible rundown.

Monday- Chloe didn't go to school because she was really, really weak and looked like a zombie. And I kind of laid around all day because I had a fever and Amanda and I watched a Gilmore girl marathon. I heard the "la-la's" in my head when I went to bed that night- alone because Travis (and Eric) is working on a huge project at work. He got home really late and he might as well have been the tooth fairy because I was out.

Tuesday- I woke Chloe up for school and she promptly started bawling- and bawling and bawling and bawling. I get her up 30 minutes before school starts, which is plenty of time except for the bawling. "I will miss you mommy. I want to stay with you mommy. I don't want to go to school". But we were running out of time so I ended up barking orders at her and we pulled out of the driveway 10 minutes later than I wanted to. We were still on time though and when I opened the van door I hugged her really tight and she fell into me and just started bawling. It's the same feeling I used to have when I worked, although I think I was the one that felt like crying everyday while she ran off to play. Later that morning, Halle and I ran 5 errands and made it back home in time to toss all of the Costco groceries at Amanda to put away while I went to get Chloe. And after I picked Chloe up and Travis got home from work we ran around to 3 more places to look for shoes and to grab Little Caesar's pizza. The big (and only real) downside to starting school in July is that there are very few school supplies out and the selection of running shoes is beyond pathetic. Chloe has worn shoes that are a bit too small all week because we can't find a pair that I feel comfortable with her running in. Tisra suggested Shoe Carnival and while I don't want to spend big $$$ on running shoes I'm going to have to if I can't find some others by this weekend. Chloe's school will be doing a mile run again at the beginning of the year and they'll train for another mile run for the end of the year so she needs some that are functional and not just cute. I was tired. We ate pizza. We went to bed.

Wednesday- School. No crying because we had Life Group but it involved friends and swimming. She got up with an almost smile. She still doesn't hurry though and I have found her lying on the bathroom floor more than once. I was still busy because I had to run Amanda to work, make two key lime pies and a tub o' baked beans for the party that night. We really had fun but I didn't swim- I conveniently had a sinus infection. I really do and I feel crummy but it was also the "dreaded-church-swimsuit thing". I should probably buy a "mom-kini". You know, all the mom's have them. Cute little tops with a skirt bottom. I wear a FL bikini, not because I look fabulous in it but because I don't want to have a white stomach. So, anyway, I didn't swim.

Oh and you should insert driving Amanda to work and switching cars with her etc. on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Gaaa!

Today- I took Amanda to work but we left early so that we could go to the mall (awww). She found a pair of jeans that fit her perfectly and she'd been thinking about them for over a week so she knew that she must have them. She also scored a dress that was $80 (maybe) for $7 at Express- she was really, really happy. Then I picked up Chloe from school, brought the girls home and took a 15 minute nap- but I kept waking myself up snoring. Then I went *back* to Cool Springs to pick up Travis so he could leave his car for Amanda to drive herself home. And he took Chloe to orientation so I can fix dinner. I feel like I'm in a race or something.

The really nice thing about Chloe being in school so early is that I'm up earlier and have time to do lots more stuff in the morning like water my plants and run errands. But wow! This is kind of hectic.


Tisra said...

I think its wise that you didn't try to squeeze in going to the park with us. We missed you, but SERIOUSLY! you're going to completely wear yourself out at this pace! Whew!

Amy said...

Yeah, this week has been intense but I am at least adjusting to getting up early. I woke up at 6:30 this morning without an alarm clock. Chloe is happy with school and said this morning that "God made my dreams come true" in regard to being able to go to her new school. She's really easy to please right now :)

Mary said...

I think I got all that. These are busy days at the Button house.

Amy said...

Yeah, so I think I'm *extra* glad that I'm not doing the co-op. I think I'd lose it.