Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter

We had a nice Easter this past weekend- cold, like ice on the car windows in the morning cold- but nice. We didn't go "all out" with outfits this year but the little girls got new shoes and Chloe got an outfit and Amanda picked some dressy shorts to go with a new top she'd purchased recently. In the past they've gotten "super dressy" outfits from Grandma but our church isn't a Sunday clothes kind of place so it feels weird to have the girls too dolled up so the casual-yet-dressy thing worked.

We went to the 8:45 service so that we'd be out at a reasonable time for Easter lunch. We're usually 11:00 service people but we get out by 1 or 1:30 and don't end up having lunch until around 3. It really sets the whole day back as far as errands or lawn mowing goes or even having lunch with friends so I think we'll end up being early service regulars from now on. Not to take away from the significance of the services themselves but I'm pretty sure God can do what he needs to do in either service. Anyway, Easter isn't one of the holidays that we're really expected to spend with our out of town relatives so as in years past we spent the day with the Fadely's. I made a couple of bunny cakes that were super easy and very cute. The kids loved them so my goal was accomplished there. In the past I've asked Amanda if she'd like to help me bake but she's never really seemed interested until I made the bunnies. She helped frost them and did most of the "grass" that was around them so that was pretty cool. Chloe is my constant cooking/baking companion and I love that but I missed so many opportunities like that when Amanda was little (I was in college) that I'm glad for even a small opportunity to spend time together in the kitchen. The rest of the holiday was spent helping Tisra finish up loose ends in the kitchen, having a wonderful Easter meal, and doing an Easter egg hunt with the kids. It was a great day.






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tisra said...

Yay!

Bad me. I didn't even get around to mentioning the Button/ Fadely get together in my blog. You guys are always great company and we love you like the kind of family that you *like* and enjoy hanging out with. You're family that we *choose*. :-)

Amy Button said...

That's so sweet! We feel the same way, of course. It's nice to be able to choose part of your family:)

Mary said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. The bunnies turned out very cute and I'm sure they were tasty as well.