Tuesday, June 20, 2006

This is what happens when your 18 month old gets hold of a marker- thankfully it's washable.
I re-made the Jello Jigglers and they turned out just fine. I was surprised at how durable they are when you make them correctly. I think you could throw them and they'd stay
together and they tasted pretty good. The only thing I'd change is that I would pick 4 or 5 shapes and do one line straight down rather than letting the girls do it randomly so that you'd get more jigglers. As it is we got a few jigglers and I had to just cut the rest up. It's not like cookie dough that you can mush back together and cut more shapes.







And finally, after months and months of care my moss rose has finally produced a rose! Seriously, I think I planted these in January. Yes, too soon but the package said you could plant them indoors, blah, blah, blah. The problem is that in January our house is never even in the 70's so they sprouted but they didn't grow very big at all. It wasn't until I could actually put them outside that they grew and finally bloomed. This whole growing plants from seeds is definitely delayed gratification. I think next year I'll buy some potted flowers and some seeds for Chloe to watch. That way we'll have something pretty to look at while we wait. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mary said...

You're so funny with your Florida shapes. Very cute. I'm glad your jigglers worked this time. Congrats on your moss rose. I agree...seeds do seem to take forever. It's exciting when you see that first sprout of green though.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...

Okay...I did not send that twice...I don't know why it did that.

Tisra said...

Yay Jigglers! Fun to play with, but not so yummy to eat- chewy Jello...blech. And a flower from seed? Well done. I bet Chloe is happy. Although, having planted it so long ago, does she remember putting the seeds in dirt?

Amy Button said...

It's ok Mary, it looks like I'm popular ;)

Tisra- I'm not sure if Chloe remembers the day that we planted them but it has become a ritual to look at the plants every day to see if anything new has sprouted.