Thursday, November 17, 2005

November 17, 2005

Hmmm, it's been a while. I think of great posts all the time but I'm rarely in the position to just type it out so I guess you guys will be getting leftovers a little early this year.

Halle is officially crawling. Yep, the little tyke is mobile. She still doesn't crawl all over the house, it's sad but it looks like her teeny arms won't take her that far. So, it seems, she reserves crawling for desperate times, like when she's trying to find me.

Chloe is a doll, of course. OK, this is too funny but the conversation between she and Jaren yesterday was priceless. Occasionally Chloe gets on a kick. Her most recent "kick" is that she's going to marry Grant. It comes up probably every other day, with no encouragement I might add. Well, yesterday she was talking to Jaren and said, "even when you get big I WILL NOT MARRY YOU! I'm going to marry Grant!" I don't think Jaren has ever said anything about marrying her so I'm not sure why she brings it up but it is cute!

I am trying out Pilates. I know, I'm way behind the times. I actually have tried it before and I didn't like it. It seemed a little too "girly" because it wasn't up to the intensity I'm used to. Also, the tape I have was set to some kind of tribal-ish drum music and it doesn't take very long for that to really get on my nerves. Well, Christina has some tapes that don't have goofy music and I tried it yesterday and really liked it. Some of it was difficult and some seemed silly because it was so simple but people say that it works well so I really want to give this a chance since the other things I've tried haven't given me the results I want. The instructor said that it works the little muscles to support the big muscles which is why people that do pilates don't have bulky muscles. We'll see.

There's nothing much else happening on the Button front. I'm meeting Travis for lunch in a while, that should be fun. More later.

5 comments:

Tisra said...

Yay for updates! I'm glad Grant is so sought after, we'll just have to see how things end up. ;-)

Mary said...

Great to see an update...maybe you can encourage Travis to write something again soon.

I tried pilates too and I'll probably try again, but I got really discouraged because I tried too soon after Owen was born.

Amy Button said...

Well, we have plenty of time for that. I love Grant dearly and it is a plus to know that he's got good parents- we never know with Amanda. But I'm not ready to marry Chloe off just yet!

I think I've already seen some results with Pilates and that's exciting but I doubt I'd try it right after having a baby.

I thought about posting as Travis the other day but I'm sure people would notice. I'll try to get him to post soon.

Amy Button said...

I'm sensing some sarcasm there, Kris.

Amy Button said...

Wow! Can't say I've ever thought of trying those but it sounds like fun!