Sunday, August 07, 2005

Miscellaneous Ramblings

I remember starting 3rd grade. One of my favorite things to do when school started was to look through my spelling book and see how difficult the words were that year. Well, in 3rd grade "the" word was miscellaneous. It would be several months before we got to that word, but every week I would look to see how long it would be before I learned to spell MISCELLANEOUS. It's silly really, the things you remember.

Halle, poor Halle. Tuesday when we got up, as usual, I sat her down in the living room to play while I made breakfast. Well she started screaming and crying which, even though she's a mommy's girl, was very unusual. I chalked it up to grouchiness, but was surprised because she's very rarely in a foul mood in the morning. Well, as the day went on I continued to try to put her down. I had to put her in the swing so I could shower and she continued to scream and cry and seemed to be seriously distressed. Finally I looked in her mouth and her top gum was amazingly swollen with the right side actually blue from her teeth trying to push their way out. We've had six days like that and now she's got a fever, runny nose, and diarrhea. I feel so bad for her and it's been kind of rough on me too. I haven't even tried to go to the gym since she's got to be in a good mood to go anyway. The left tooth has broken through some but not completely. Hopefully this will be over soon.

Last night we went out to Rooms To Go just to look at furniture. I saw some really cute stuff. Then we came back home and watched "Lemony Snickett". I was a little bit intrigued when the movie came out but not enough to see it in the theater. Travis really wanted to see it, though and so we did. It really was a weird movie. I like Jim Carey in some things but not in this movie. I really didn't know what to make of it. If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it but there were gaping holes in the plot which always irritates me. It just didn't seem to be very well thought out. Perhaps the book was very good and it was just the screenplay that wasn't. The kids in the movie were fabulous though and I would like to see them in something else.

Well Halle is back in my lap now and I'm typing with one hand so I'll go, but one last thing....You must try Publix's "Buckeye Balls" Ice Cream, yum!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love your "miscellaneous" story...that's so cute! I think we all remember odd little happenings from elementary school...I think I remember something like that from each grade level. Poor baby Halle, We'll pray she has an easier time.