Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Catch-Up

Well, I have a second to catch up on things that I should have posted weeks ago and didn't. Not because I never have a second but mostly because I haven't made it a priority. Bad Amy.

Gosh was it two or three weeks ago that the Kelso's visited us? I really should remember the date since it was a huge highlight in our otherwise very boring existence but I can't.

So the story goes;

Kris called and said they'd like to stop in for a bit on their way back from Florida to visit. I really admire that about Kris and Mary. They always seem to be willing to go to extraordinary lengths to visit friends. I'm sure if I was pregnant and traveling with a small child for several hours I wouldn't be inclined to make stops along the way but they did and we had a lot of fun. We were able to finally show them around Old Town Helena. We stopped in a couple of stores and then cooled off at Big Mountain Coffee. I say cooled off because it was in the high 90's that day and the A/C was very nice. They only stayed a couple of hours and it went by much too quickly but it was nice to be able to catch up.

Then this past Sunday Tisra came into town with the kids so that we could visit a mutual friend whose daughter was in a serious accident on Saturday and was in Huntsville Hospital. The little girl is OK but she is still in ICU with some pretty serious injuries. I won't go into all of it on my blog because I'm sure Tisra will cover it better than I could but the Lord was definitely watching over them. Anyway, Tisra stayed with us (we're 2 hours from Huntsville Hospital) so that we could visit with each other and then Dad, the girls, and I went to pray with LaDonna (the mom) and then with Amber (the injured child). Oh yeah, Tisra was there too. (Silly me, I rode with her)

It was great to see Tisra and the kids, I just wish it could have been longer. Chloe was very happy to see Grant and Dean, of course, it's just that she and Grant have been friends since she was born so they're pretty close. Lael and Halle will be good friends I'm sure but they're still to young to make much of a connection.

In more Halle news:

She now says MaMaMa, BaBa, DaDa, and NaNa. She's the most consistent in saying MaMa and really seems to be calling me or wanting me when she says it. I'm convinced that she's brilliant. But the big shocker was when we were at the hospital. We were saying goodbye to Tim (the girls dad) and his family and they have a little boy that is about 2 months older than Halle. Tim was saying "bye-bye" and was trying to get Allen to wave. Well, Tisra and I (and maybe my Dad) were saying "bye-bye" and waving and all of a sudden Halle deliberately stuck out her arm looked at it and waved her hand! Everybody saw it and we were all very surprised. I know, I'm a proud Mom and yes, I am bragging.

We have some prayer requests in regards to the Church getting started if you all would be so kind.
1. Approval by the board for us to actually have the building. This could be a mere formality unless someone wants to be testy. But we should be starting church August 21st.
2. Funds. We're not affiliated so we're on our own, with God of course.
3. Equipment. An immediate need is a sound system. Not anything huge just something that would sound decent in a lunch room.
4. Wisdom. That should have probably been first.
5. People. Well, you can't have a church without them.
6. Musicians. Travis tries but he can't do it all.

We have a space and 200 chairs at our disposal. It looks like we may need a Children's Pastor. As of right now it looks like I will be leading worship, doing drama, and at least some children's services. Travis needs a new job so that he can be at church. And we need the Lord's will in everything. This should have probably been its own post, oh well.

Our hearts desire is to know God and to be available for the Holy Spirit to work through us to change peoples lives. If this is truly what His will is I know that we'll have all these things, I don't doubt that. But prayer will help. I'm excited that it's finally happening. I know that God has great things in store for this ministry.

5 comments:

Tisra said...

It would be nice to have a longer visit sometime with all family members present, and vacation-like activities. But, again, I'll take what I can get...which is why I made it a point to get down to Birmingham even though it is like 5 hours from Huntsville (or at least when travel time is calcultated using the Button Time + 5 children formula). Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Did you guys ever contact the guy that Pastor Steve recommended for getting some sound equipment? I still have his info if you need it.

Mary said...

We'll be sending prayer up from this house.

Amy Button said...

Tisra, we had a great time too. And yeah, somehow with the Buttons and Fadely's it took forever. Our trip back was quite fast.

Kris, I remembered you telling us to contact someone but I couldn't remember who. If you could give me that info again it would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the prayers

Anonymous said...

I sent the info via e-mail. If you don't get it, let me know.