Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Y

I'm having issues with Halle and the Y. That a gym has childcare is a big selling point but if the child doesn't want to stay then it really doesn't do much good. Actually, there was a point (after they called me to come get Halle for the second time) that Halle was crying because she'd had to stay and Chloe was crying because we had to leave. Oh, and Amanda was whining because she'd come at all. As cute and wonderful as my girls are they were really trying my patience at that point.

Travis is off tomorrow and has an early appt. to get set up on the weight machines so maybe she'll do better tomorrow. Mornings are when she's in the best mood. If she doesn't start doing better I don't know what I'll do. It takes about 25 minutes to get there and it just doesn't make sense to work out for 10 minutes and then have to leave.

Chloe is starting to show an extreme interest in photography. Truth be told I would like for that to be one of my hobbies, along with cake decorating. I really don't have the money for either but it's nice to know that Chloe and I share some interests since she is so much like Travis. Anyway, she has taken a few photos recently and they are pretty good for a 4 year old. I'll post them soon.

She loves baking too. I love baking (hence the cake decorating desire). I just don't like to have sweets lying around the house because I will eat them. I used to think I didn't have a sweet tooth. I don't really crave sweets much at all but if there is something sweet in the house I can't leave it alone until it's eaten. And since Travis works in the bakery he's been banned from bringing things home. You'd be amazed at how much stuff he could bring home if he wanted to. Stuff I like too like Publix's Key Lime Pie, yum. But, eating it would totally negate any good I'm doing by going to the Y. Hmmm, seems like I've come full circle...

4 comments:

Mary said...

I did not know that you had a desire to get into cake decorating. My mom bought me a set of nice decorating tips years ago and I still have them. I use them now and then but I've never had a class to teach me how to use them properly.

I'm sure that Halle will come around and maybe the people at the Y just need to learn how to make her happy. She doesn't seem like a problem baby from what I've seen. I'm sure it's them...not her. :)

Amy Button said...

I definitely would like to try cake decorating. It's different than sewing, in that, you see immediate results and there is little chance that you will have to rip out a seam. And even if you do mess up it will probably still taste good.

You're only saying that because Halle likes you. There are definitely people that she doesn't like and I think they all work at the Y's nursery.

Joyce said...

All I can say is that Chloe also takes after her Grandma and that is a "hug" from God. I wish you all lived here, then you could leave Halle with me! (P.S. I am a dreamer married to a dreamer......)

Angie said...

Yeah Chloe! Would love to see some of her work!