Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Extra, Extra Read All About It

Yes, I do have good news! I really am so excited. I found this out Monday but wanted to wait until everything was absolutely finalized before saying anything but I have a moment to type and I really just can't wait any longer.

Drumroll please.....


It looks like we have a building for the church!!!

Dad got the call Monday morning that we have approval from the principle at a different school to hold services. I'm not going to say where for now until everything is finalized but it is in a different city than we were going to be in. We are going to look inside the facility today (in about an hour actually) and to sign the contract. The next step after that is for the actual education board to approve our being there, hence the bit of secrecy. If someone were to happen to find my blog (any of the someone's that have been giving us trouble and that are opposed to this ministry) then theoretically they could give us some trouble and I'm just not up for any more drama.

I'm excited and I really think this is it. So, we could be holding actual services in 6 weeks or less. We do need much prayer since we have no affiliation we don't have a whole lot in the way of funds and we need equipment, etc. We'll actually find out today how much stuff we need today because we'll find out if the school will let us use their sound equipment, if they have it, etc.

I know that God is doing great things and I'm looking forward to much more good stuff happening.

3 comments:

Tisra said...

I bet that makes it feel like you're finally going to do what you set out to do in Alabama. Thank you, God. Keep us updated. So exciting!

Mary said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad for you. Hope things continue to move forward and God continues to open doors quickly.

Amy Button said...

Dad got the call today that everything looks good and he's signing the contract tomorrow. Then it goes before the board so we'll see, but I don't forsee any snags. Hopefully.