Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I own a tomato

I own a tomato. You know, I always thought I was way to cool to own a tomato. Of course, there are lots of things in life that I've always thought I was way to cool for. Driving a Ford Taurus for instance. Doesn't it just scream "I'm in my 30's, have children, and am slightly overweight!!!" Speaking of overweight- I was always too cool for that too. And then the stark realization hit me; I'm really not who I used to be. Of course, the me I used to be was completely unrealistic. College doesn't prepare you for real life at all. But I think in a lot of ways I'm better- you know- more mature. Unfortunately, more mature doesn't equal more fun. I'm sure there's more fun in my future, I just haven't gotten there yet.

Oh yeah, the tomato...it's not the mushy disgusting tasting kind. It's the stuffed variety that holds pins...for sewing. Yes, I'm taking a stab (ugh!) at sewing. I have some jeans that need to be hemmed and I'm doing it. I guess the sewing parties finally rubbed off on me.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, who decided that it should be a tomato that would be the holder of the pins? Yes, I know there are plain pin cushions, but I've never seen a pin zucchini, cucumber, or raddish. Or maybe someone could make pin cushions in the shape of an ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend, or a really disliked grocery boy? Oh wait- those would be voodoo dolls; never mind.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey Amy...Glad to see you blogging. I'm glad to know too that you have a tomato. I've never had a tomato. I should have a tomato and I'm not sure why I don't...but maybe it's the cool factor. :)

Tisra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Button said...

Well, Mary, I'd say you definitely are too cool for a tomato.

Tisra, a handbag pin cushion sounds cute.

Of course, again I'm talking about pin cushions- ugh!

When I have more time I'll update on the Button Family.

Amy Button said...

I know you do Joyce as does Travis. When we see you guys next time I'll buy a crate of tomatoes and you and Trav can have it! Actually, I like fried green tomatoes.