Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hiatus

So, maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't, but I've taken a bit of a hiatus in computer land. It's nothing tragic or crazy, I'm not having a breakdown, I just wanted to unplug for a while. No Facebook, no blogs, no incessant checking of the million little things there are to check out each day. And it was really nice. I found that I started thinking more clearly. I was less distracted. I felt more engaged in my life. And I found out that I still don't have time to do all the little things that I have to do during the day. Hmmm. I still intend to blog and to read your blogs (I did check-in to make sure that Christy's little nephew was doing ok) but I plan on spending less time in general on everything computer related.

Things here are really, really good. I've taken stock of my life during this last year and I think that I'm more content and happier than I was this time last year. I've taken a really hard look at some things and have faced my past and my fears and I realize that who I was doesn't define who I am. I used to think that was the case but it's not true. My past nearly destroyed me. It made me a hard, tough person- I used to think that it made me strong. But Christ and my life in Him defines who I am. My strength is in Him and He has made me softer, more loving and compassionate. I've come to some conclusions about some things that we could talk about over coffee sometime. And I'm looking forward to a new season for us as a family, for me personally and am thoroughly enjoying life today. It's funny how God's method of completing you is by stripping everything away. Then He rebuilds it. I'm looking forward to that.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I would really like to talk to you over coffee sometime soon. Not that it's urgent but I just have some thoughts that want expression and some opinions that want perspective beyond my own.

I'm glad you are back on the blog, I did notice and I was beginning to wonder if everything was okay.

Mary said...

Oh...and you would love South Haven, MI. I thought of you when we drove through the main street area. It's a little touristy but very quaint and fun. The only bad part about the beach...other than the sand...is that the water stays cold pretty much all year.

Amy Button said...

Yes, coffee sounds great. I was wondering when we could get together if for no other reason, I bought that vanilla for you at Costco :)

There are so many places I want to visit and now South Haven is on my list. It sounds like a visit worthy place, doesn't it? If we could only get past Florida as our only "vacation" destination.

Tisra said...

Love the concept of "rebuilding". Great things ahead!

Christy said...

Sigh. Yes. Coffee and good conversation with you are going on my to-do-when-it-works-out list. Sounds wonderful. I sure missed you, but as recent behavior would suggest, I understand the need to walk away from that screen sometimes!