Monday, September 26, 2005

Wow! I have not had time or access to a computer regularly to update everyone on all things Button but it is naptime for most of the kids so I'll try to get something up quickly.

I'm babysitting the Spitters boys three days a week at least for the next few months. Christina is pregnant and due in January. She's planning on being home with the kids after that so I'm guessing I'll do this until sometime in December.

As I said in my last post the car was backed into (again) and we had a rental van. Well, we got the car back on Friday and it is not right. We told them on Thursday after we picked it up that it was not driving correctly. They checked it out again and said that the tie (ty, ti, ?) rods were damaged but it was due to wear and tear and not the accident. Well, they may have been worn but my car did not drive like that before the accident so it is very frustrating. So, we'll see what happens next. We're looking at vans now. Our general feeling is to get rid of it before something major goes wrong. We know it needs work but we just don't want to put anything into it since it's really too small for us anyway.

We are now staying with Don and Lana Tracy. That makes our 6th place to stay and our 6th city in the last 4 and a half weeks. Old Hickory, Hermitage, Goodlettsville, Madison, Nashville, and Hendersonville! It's a long story, too long really, but we have some great friends that have helped us out a lot. We stayed in a hotel for a week and a half but other than that we've stayed with friends, house sat for one of Trav's co-workers, and are now with Don and Lana. We're tired to say the least and are just trying to get through the home stretch. We'll be in our apt. on Thursday, sleeping on air mattresses and Friday we'll leave to go to Birmingham to get our stuff. We'll be coming back on Sunday and then it's just unpacking and settling in, whew!

More later, I must research vans.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Amazing to think you can fit all that into such a short time of being back in Nashville. But you've done it. I think your blog title was more appropriate than you may have known when you came up with it. Hope you are having fun with Don and Lana. I miss them.

Amy Button said...

Don and Lana are doing well. Lana is actually in Tampa with Brandon and Mande (sp?). Mande is having pregnancy difficulties and is on bed rest so Lana is there helping out maybe for the next 6 weeks or so.

Yeah, we have fit a lot in and I'm tired. I don't expect that things will slow down too much but hopefully we'll be productive rather than just packing up our stuff and moving to a new place.

I'm changing the title of my blog.