Friday, January 09, 2009

Drat!

We bought the girls bunk beds a few days ago in our very-first-ever-since-we've-been married- for-real-furniture-store-purchase. Wow, that was a mouth full. Since Halle turned four, she has started refusing to sleep in her toddler bed. And I can't say that I blame her since it's just her crib with one side taken off and replaced by a rail. She preferred the floor, saying that it was more comfortable. I'd looked at bunk beds all over figuring that eventually we'd have to buy a set. We settled on a wood set that met Trav's craftsmanship standards (he used to sell furniture) and our price requirements at American Signature Home. It's not the color I wanted (white) but it's a pretty espresso-ish that they call Merlot. That fact is important. Why? Well, because when Travis went to pick it up tonight along with two boxes marked blah, blah, blah Merlot, they put in a box that was marked blah, blah, blah, Sea Island Pine. How can you confuse the two? The Sea Island Pine box wasn't even a bunk bed item. They're bed rails. And I spent hours tearing the girls room apart and taking apart beds so that they could sleep in the new bunk bed tonight. It was going to be a late night anyway, but my parents are coming in town in the morning and things won't be as straightened as I want them to be. And the old beds are partly in the living room and partly in the girls room....my kingdom for a garage! All in all it's a bit frustrating and it puts a crimp in my day with my parents tomorrow. Oh, well, Que sera, sera, right?

5 comments:

Tisra said...

Ooh Amy! So frustrating!

Mary said...

I'm sort of all angry up in here for you right now. I wish I could help.

Christy said...

Grrr! That sucks!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh no! That is frustrating! Well, I hope you get the right ones soon - the color sounds so pretty :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, I hate when that happens! It's so frustrating.